I am chilling on my couch, trying to ignore a really loud clarinet and tenor saxophone. I am so delighted; this is the first time Hope has ever had a friend over.
Eighteen months and no one has been over to the house…until today.
It’s nice to see Hope with a friend finally close enough to come over. I’ve been really worried about her social interactions the last few months. I wrote about the emotional issues with which we struggle recently. I worry a lot about her ability to cultivate and sustain age appropriate friendships.
We might have finally done it.
*And* the instruments are starting to sound like they are making music!!! #Bonus
And now that there’s a friend is over I am learning how this frees up your time. #Bonusx2
- The girls are so excited to hang out that I got first dibs on the pizza!
- I ate alone and thus added a glass of wine to my dinner.
- I got to eat early for a change. Hope hates eating before 7pm and I know that figures into my weight gain (ok, well, so does the pizza).
- Other than the instruments, it’s quiet. It’s almost like I’m…dare I say…alone! #doeshappydance
- I have time to scheme to see if I can get this kid to invite Hope over to her house next week.
Oh, this friend thing is glorious! Why didn’t anyone tell me?
I have visions of dropping the girls off at the movie theater at some point or hosting a sleepover!
Or better yet…dropping Hope off at a sleepover.
This is so exciting.
This is another developmental milestone for us, and I am so friggin’ excited!!
July 29th, 2015 at 9:14 pm
So happy for Hope (and you)!!!
July 29th, 2015 at 10:39 pm
Yay!! That’s truly wonderful.
July 30th, 2015 at 7:53 am
Oh, this is a great update! I hope this evening paves the way for a solid, lifelong friendship for the duo.
July 30th, 2015 at 1:36 pm
That’s fantastic! I’m sure those friend skills will continue to grow and this will be happening more often! In other news, I just came across this lovely little family and wondered if you had connected! http://thenextfamily.com/2015/07/single-mom-howwefamily/
July 30th, 2015 at 2:04 pm
A little sunshine after some rain.. 🙂
July 31st, 2015 at 12:35 pm
Happy dancing right there with you, ABM!