In the latest episode of Add Water and Stir, Mimi and ABM discuss the matching process. Preparing and completing the matching process requires serious contemplation about your parenting aspirations. Mimi and ABM explain some of the intricacies of the matching process and how your matching tool might be interpreted based on whether you’re fostering to adopt or moving straight to adoption. The Add Water hosts also explore the emotional challenges involved with matching. Everything hinges on that match!
ABM and Mimi wrap up the podcast with a hilarious chat about Married at First Sight, the new show on FYI. You need this show in your life, so check it out. According to Mimi, you may also need bacon flavored sunflower seeds and some Oyin handmade hair products! #TreatYoSelf.
- Add Water and Stir Podcast page–you can stream or download the podcast here!
- Saying No – Mimi’s blog post about turning down a placement
- The First No – ABM’s blog post about saying no to a placement
- Matching Tool Example (see p. 11)
- Complicated Melodi – The Blog; @adoptiveblkmom – The Twitter
- AdoptiveBlackMom – The Blog; @mimicomplex – The Twitter
- #TreatYoSelf – Tweet how you are prioritizing your self care with the podcast hashtag #AddWater and we’ll read them on the next podcast!
- Bigs Sizzlin’ Bacon Sunflower Seeds – found at your local corner store/bodega but Amazon will deliver directly to your house. You know you want to order these!
- Oyin Handmade Hair Products – oyinhandmade.com