- That 13 years ago, today on 9/11, I know exactly where I was and what I was doing for an entire 24 hour period, but what was going on in Hope’s life at 3 months old is a complete mystery.
- At how Hope has evolved from exclusively wearing jeans and tees to leggings, tunics and *gasp* the occasional dress.
- That we both have heard The Furry One’s barks, nails clicking on the floor and have seen his shadow since he passed away. We only both admitted it and had a good cry this week. (Yep, we are believers!)
- At how routines make drama lessen and even disappear.
- At how not reacting to drama somestimes helps to lessen it.
- That Hope loves Absurdly Hot Therapist now.
- That my Hope is such a boss at surviving.
- That Hope is more resilient than me.
- At how fortunate we are to have locked in two great part time nannies. Both have day jobs as child therapists and one is pursuing a PhD in child psych with emphasis in PTSD. Can we say #jackpot?
- That I don’t hear stories that start with, “When I was 8…” as much anymore; Hope is moving past her trauma.
- That my new Fitbit says I am getting 100% sleep efficiency. Clearly the thing is a piece of crap…#notreally
- At how my faith has grown this year.
- At the dumb ish 13 year olds are want to do.
- That I fell in love this year.
September 11th, 2014 at 8:04 am