- That I still sometimes take her anger personally.
- That I haven’t duct taped the door to her room shut when it’s dirty.
- When we cycle through dark periods; they always surprise me.
- That Hope has embraced a sense of middle class kid entitlement so quickly <side eye>.
- At how kind and generous she can be even as she pushes me away.
- At how many triggers to rages and shut downs there are.
- At how exhausted such episodes make me.
- At how my reactions to the rages and shut downs have changed.
- At how many times in one day I can say “I don’t know.”
- That my reasons for saying “I don’t know “ range from not really knowing to praying the exhausting conversation ends soon.
- At how hard single parenting can be.
- That I appreciate the lack of need to consult on parental decision making.
- That I can’t seem to get to bed before 11pm because I need to wind down a bit after Hope goes to bed.
- At how all of a sudden Hope isn’t mad that I signed her up for drama activities during her free periods.
- At how she has come to enjoy our church.
- At how she is finally interested in going to the church youth group.
- At how she wants to volunteer.
- At how many food wrappers I recently found under her bed.
- At how I still hide my special foods.
- At how rough the transition from being a singleton to a single mom is.
- At how different this experience is than I imagined.
September 12th, 2014 at 7:04 pm
I hide my special food…in my house if it isnt front and center no one looks for it.
September 12th, 2014 at 7:26 pm
I think this will be a habit until I am an empty nester. I’ve also actually considered buying a mini-fridge for my room. LOL. 🙂
September 12th, 2014 at 7:30 pm
That could be convenient for adult beverages 🙂
September 12th, 2014 at 7:07 pm
I don’t know if it is possible, but i would enjoy reading what you thought it was going to be like.
September 12th, 2014 at 7:29 pm
One day I will get around to writing about my early expectations, I guess. Somethings I anticipated; other things, particularly adoption related things…smh even though I knew they would or might happen, they still were shocking.
September 13th, 2014 at 7:46 am
But you’re doing it ♡♥♡♥ Sleep tight, mama
September 13th, 2014 at 5:43 pm
Most if not all moms hide their special foods! Ha ha! Lol!!! 🙂