- Today I breathed. It’s not that I think Biden/Harris will solve all the problems, but I certainly don’t think they will cause as many as we’ve seen during the last administration.
- Watching VP Kamala Harris take the oath of office with Justice Sonia Sotomayor with my daughter this morning was…amazing. #RepresentationMatters
- I can’t really describe the relief I felt watching the Troll in Chief and Troll Barbie take flight and disappearing.
- My only sadness is that I couldn’t take Hope down to the mall to watch it in person. Don’t get me wrong: inaugurations are cold (it flurried here this morning) and usually crowded, but the energy is amazing. It’s actually very cool and super patriotic.
- Did y’all see Michelle Obama and that guy she’s married to? (I love him too.) My gawd that woman is gorgeous. The hair, the outfit, the lashes…the gorgeous former president. I live!!!
- I really needed today. It’s like a bright spot in a dark time for me. The pomp and circumstance! The lofty, aspirational charge of it all. The hope. I needed it really badly.
- Things around here are still precarious. I’m still fighting burnout. I’m still trying to prop Hope up in the midst of new traumas.
- I think I’m going to tackle my front closet and my bedroom closet. They are both a disastrous mess. I was always taught that your closets are a reflection of your life, and well, those 2 closets are a disastrous mess. I’ve been consciously avoiding them for months. I know that tackling them will help.
- I also need to do some purging. Things feel really cluttered around here. So, stuff has to go. Of course I’m also still shopping for a new low profile treadmill; so part of my motivation is to make room for new ish.
- I’ve been really trying to be more introspective right now. I’m honestly feeling a bit lost. Motivation is low. I slap on a functional face on workdays and feel like collapsing after 5pm. I really have not experienced these feelings in a very long time. I don’t like it, but I’m fighting through.
January 20, 2021
Ten Things on Wednesday: 1/20/21
I'm a single Black professional woman living in the DC area. I adopted my now adult daughter in 2014, and this blog chronicles my journey. Feel free to contact me at email@example.com, on Facebook at Adoptive Black Mom, and on Twitter @adoptiveblkmom. ©www.AdoptiveBlackMom.com, 2013-2022. All rights reserved. (Don't copy my ish without credit!) View all posts by AdoptiveBlackMom
This entry was posted on Wednesday, January 20th, 2021 at 7:39 pm and tagged with adoption, African American Adoption, african american adoptive families, african american adoptive parenting, African American Parenting, African American Single Adoptive Mom, African-American Adoptions, Ten Things and posted in Finalization Life, Hard Stuff, Other Stuff. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
4 responses to “Ten Things on Wednesday: 1/20/21”
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Adoptive Black Mom
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
CopyrightUnless otherwise cited, all content, photos & text, are property of the author of "AdoptiveBlackMom" and cannot be reproduced without permission. Should you like to use something, please contact the author for permission.
January 20th, 2021 at 9:39 pm
You so often say it better than I could. Thank you. Feeling the amazing degrees of relief. Awareness of the stress and fears and …. well. PS: not only is Michelle gorgeous, her husband always looks at her like he is the luckiest person in the world. I think they both may be.
I vote for closet sorting and some real down time for you. Deep breathing, and tiny bites of cake.
Thank you for helping me through these past years.
January 22nd, 2021 at 2:33 pm
I’d never heard #8. Now, I’m going to take a look at my closet and see what it says about me 😉
January 22nd, 2021 at 11:02 pm
Hope you are exhaling some stresses and remembering to breath in and out smoothly. Also that the cake tastes as good as I imagine. I am not allowed sugar except in my imagination and I am SO into imagining you savoring each tiny bite! yellow or chocolate or coconut or pink or jelly roll or ….. yum.
February 18th, 2021 at 6:32 am