- Just one more day before I’m on vacation for a little over a week. This break is much, much needed.
- I’m feeling a bit better now that I had that PTSD talk with Hope. I’m still really anxious, but this week it’s more manageable. I talked to my therapist about next steps; I’ll work on that when I get back from vacation.
- Meanwhile, Hope is getting it together with work. Earlier this week, she wanted to call in again because of cramps. Ok, so yes, sometimes we have cramps and yes, they are miserable. Sometimes, if they are severe you might need to call in for work, but sometimes you can’t. I made her go to work; otherwise, 3 weeks, 3 call outs. She was pissed, but life goes on.
- Things I’m looking forward to during the next week:
- Time with Beau.
- Pool date with the bestie.
- Napping on the beach.
- Pretend fishing with my 4 year old nephew.
- I’m hoping that some of the Hotel services that have been put on hold during the pandemic have returned; I really want to have a lux time at the beach. I deserve it. Later y’all.
July 1, 2021
July 1st, 2021 at 8:44 pm
Have a fabulous time.
PTSD always sneaks in out of the blue. Glad you get a holiday. SO NEEDED and deserved.
July 3rd, 2021 at 10:06 pm
I hope y’all have the best time. You need and deserve it!
July 4th, 2021 at 12:45 pm
Enjoy the well deserve vacation! 💙
About Hope’s menstrual cramps, if ibuprofen doesn’t manage the pain well as she works, I hope she can go arrange to see a GP. There’s effective help, and good to check for stuff like Endometriosis. I definitely had to learn adulting means getting medical care that I need (was medical neglected), as well as that I’m supposed to go to the dentist twice a year, recheck eye sight every 2 years at the optician etc.
July 4th, 2021 at 12:54 pm
All of this. These address things that I *know* she knows because I’ve drilled it. Granted I recognize that the pandemic required some adjustments, but this ain’t new. I stay baffled with her sometimes.
July 5th, 2021 at 1:34 am
I’m wondering if it’s a “fear of adulting/doctors” after reading how you say it isn’t new.
B knows he needs to go to the dentist to get his wisdom teeth out and the usual twice a year cleaning. He’s not gone in 13 years despite knowing he really should. Same thing when it comes to his back pain or pretty much any health issue. I have to nag and negotiate that if hus nerve pain lasts a week without improvement, go to the doctor. He’ll find some reason to postpone it (even with severe pain!), until I’m… about to explode. Goes to doctor, gets low dose morphine because he was honest (after LOTS of nagging from me to quit downplaying crap)… doesn’t take them because he fears addiction.
Same for yearly physical checkups, and I’ve carefully asked questions and he _isn’t_ getting fat-shamed. And he don’t have to pay a cent – free healthcare.
Getting him to his GP again when he developed debilitating panic attacks? Months! And they offered him counselling, which he refused.