Hope actually groans every time I say, “Hey, we’re going to *try* something…”
It’s going to be a long year. That said, the fruits of this trying labor are totally paying off. I can’t say we tried as much this month—we’ll see when I make the list below, but what we did try, we did it with flair.
So, without further ado:
- We both signed up for Duolingo. Hope is taking French (which she takes in school) and Spanish. I have finally (6 years later) resumed my Portuguese lessons with a side of French.
- We try to write each other short emails in French.
- We tried new vegetarian recipes.
- We tried a couple of new restaurants.
- We continued to try to find other adoptive families to hang out with periodically.
- I took Hope roller skating.
- Hope served as a teen service leader during the recent youth service at our church.
- Hope also spent her first afternoon at a band friend’s house, which meant that I got to try some of the new found freedom that comes with Hope having something like a social life.
- Hope went on an out of state band trip without me—again with FRIENDS! I got to try a new vineyard and go wine tasting with fellow blogger, Polly of KnitMeForALoop.
- Hope tried to use her new debit card—I’d like to say “responsibly” but we’ll get there.
- Hope does her own hair exclusively now, and as I wrote recently, she rocks her glorious fro on the regular.
It was a successful month. Our March tries will get under way soon; I’ve got a bit work thing going on and I need to plan somethings for us. But, so far, so good! Trying things has been fun and has broadened both of our horizons in meaningful ways.
March 1st, 2016 at 6:57 pm
Sounds great! You are motivating me to do the same.
March 1st, 2016 at 8:34 pm
I love all your tries! I hope March is just as successful.
March 1st, 2016 at 9:29 pm