- I went to the gyn this morning to talk about this menopause stuff. She was basically like, “That sucks, and sounds like you are doing all the right things. Good luck. #frustrated
- We took a short family walk this evening. Hope wants y’all to know that Yappy was super cute.
- She also wants you to know she choreographed a new dance, and she just announced she was going to dance professionally. This is not true. 😂😂😂
- Yes, we are jointly authoring this post.
- The Harry & Meghan interview was lit. So much tea. Sad though tho. Racism is a helluva drug. I think they really thought they could control them. Eff around and found out. And just imagine if Meghan wasn’t so fair skinned? They tripped that Archie would come out looking like his Black grandma! I mean… Trash. #basura After the way they did Diana, you’d think they’d know better, but here we are.
- Hope is still having nightmares; she says they are so sleep disrupting. I’ve had to wake her out of the terrors a couple of times this week. Yeah, it’s still bad.
- I made baked beans and sausage last night. You would think it was a high end meal the way your girl Hope crushed it with a side of toast. I’ve put another can of beans on the shopping list.
- I need to find a language coach for Hope. She wants to start studying Korean again.
- Hope also wants you to know she’s bought a new alarm clock. Cross your fingers that it works for her (and me)!
March 10, 2021
March 10th, 2021 at 9:21 pm
Loved your professional dancer bullet…….Physical therapists would approve of the veto on being the dancer.
I think taking the magic illusion out of princesshood is good; it reminded me of Mrs. Obama talking about not being able to open a window for 8 years. That glamor-appearing lifestyle comes with quite a price tag. The pure ignorant viciousness of not helping/teaching/supporting and then wolf tossing… Depressing ignorance especially as compassion and kindness are free.
Is Hope watching Korean soap operas with English subtitles? That can help with both learning language and some cultural ifnormations and norms.
Wish gyn had a better answers for you. Steady state hormones are lovely.
Thank you for writing. Helps me to read your posts.
Might rather quiet happy background soothing music help Hope move away from nightmares? I know how disruptive and terrible nightmares from trauma can be…..
Sending caring and good wishes.
March 10th, 2021 at 9:26 pm
Oh yes, not opening the window! I love how Mrs. Robinson was having none of it!
She watches with subtitles. She’s really been into Japanese TV recently.
Great idea on the music, telling her right now.
March 11th, 2021 at 9:21 am
Ugg menopause….well the one thing I can pass on from my doctor which was that soy products can help. I was having a ton of hot flash type issues and soy products, like tofu and it seemed to help. Sorry Hope is still having nightmares that is tough all around. Keep strong between this and the fire it might be time for a cake….just saying LOL
March 11th, 2021 at 3:44 pm
My co-worker has been studying Korean for a couple of years. I asked her for a recommendation. She passed on this link and said Claire is great. Hope that helps. https://www.onecityproject.org/learn-languages/korean/korean-lessons/korean-lessons-claire-hwang/
March 11th, 2021 at 4:37 pm
Tell Hope that a hundred years ago (you know, when I was youngish) I saw an alarm clock that doubled as a helicopter. When the alarm rang, it took off and landed, splat, somewhere across the room, so you’d have to get out of bed to shut it up. Plus by that time you’d be laughing so hard you’d wake yourself up.
I suspect it’s not made anymore. I landed pretty hard and I doubt it worked for more than a few mornings. But hey, those mornings would be completely memorable.